Group activities began to run in limited numbers in September 2021, following a temporary closure due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Most centres that CCS normally work with are currently closed to the public. Therefore, programs are currently running ONLY at C.A.D.R.E. or outdoors in parks.
As we have seen over the last year, regulations and rules can change quickly depending on how the COVID-19 pandemic evolves.
Programs currently operating in-person:
- Mother Goose
- Family Matters
- Early Head Start
- Little Learners
- Little Explorers
CCS Program Safety Guidelines:
Preventive measures for resuming CCS activities
Strict compliance with isolation instructions: People who should be in isolation due to COVID-19 should under no circumstances frequent the premises of the community organization. We ask each participant if they :
- have a confirmed cases of COVID-19;
- have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19;
- are waiting for the result of a COVID-19 test;
- they have symptoms compatible with COVID-19
Basic prevention measures for all staff, and users:
- Sanitize shared materials
- Parents must answer screening questions and wash hands upon arrival
- Maintain a minimum distance of two meters between adults. Wear a face cover if the two-meter distance between people cannot be maintained at all times.
- At all times by employees and adults, the wearing of the procedural mask is required.
- Wash your hands frequently with warm water and soap or an alcohol-based disinfectant solution.
- Wear disposable gloves if necessary.
Targeted prevention measures:
- Sharing of objects (pencils, toys, etc.) should be avoided as much as possible between people. If equipment needs to be shared, delivered, or retrieved, perform hand hygiene before and after using the equipment and disinfect the equipment after it has been handled.
- No food or drink will be shared, individually packaged snacks may be consumed
Sanitary Guidelines to Follow:
- Maintain a distance of at least 2M from people outside of your immediate household.
- Wear a mask
- Wash your hands often with warm running water and soap for at least 20 seconds.
- If you do not have access to soap and water, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with the inside of your elbow or using a tissue.
- If you use a tissue, throw it out as soon as possible and wash your hands after.
- Avoid touching your face (eyes, nose and mouth)
- Stay home when sick.
- Frequently clean and disinfect contact surfaces and shared items.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you are worried or anxious about COVID-19, call 1-877-644-4545 telephone health consultation service available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Consult the Quebec Ministry of Health’s website for updates on the situation in Quebec.